Traktip: Using Issue Forms (updated for 2022)
Your organization may use Issuetrak to submit and manage a variety of issues, from maintenance requests to IT tickets. Using the same, cookie-cutter form for each of these types of issues can lead to confusion for end users and too little -- or too much -- information submitted.
This is where Issuetrak’s Issue Forms feature (formerly Custom Screens) comes in handy: it allows you to customize the information and required fields displayed based on the selected Issue Type.
You may want to include a room number field for a maintenance request, or a field for device type on an IT ticket form. You can build the forms with Issuetrak’s standard fields or with User Defined Fields that you design yourself. (To learn how to create User Defined Fields, see our Traktip on the subject!)
With Issue Forms, you can also update the default screen that Issuetrak provides for generic issues to change the field order or to simplify the screen by removing fields you do not need.
Ready to learn how to make your own Issue Forms? Let’s get started.
Creating an Issue Form
1. Go to the the settings lightbox from the gear icon. Navigate to Issues > Issue Form. Next, click "Add" underneath the Issue Form section of the right-hand Quick Menu.
2. Enter a title for your new Issue Form (50 characters max).
3. Drag and drop any fields you want to display on this Issue Form into the appropriate display order in the Included Fields list on the right. (You can also drag fields from the Included Fields list back to the Available Fields list to remove them.) Note that fields with an asterisk cannot be removed.
4. Add any Custom Section Headers or Screen Text you want by clicking the “+” links at the top of the page.
5. Drag and drop any Custom Section Headers, Blank Lines and/or Screen Text you want to display into the appropriate display order in the Included Fields list on the right.
6. Click Next.
You can also preview your form by clicking the “preview” link located next to the Save button.
8. Click Save.
Now that you’ve created an Issue Form, you can link that screen to a particular Issue Type.
Assigning Issue Forms to Issue Types
1. Click "Assign" underneath the Issue Form section of the right-hand Quick Menu.
3. Check the Issue Types that need to be assigned this Issue Form. (You can link one or more Issue Types to any one Issue Form.)
Note that you can also link an Issue Form to an Issue Type on the Add Issue Type page.
And there you have it! Using Issue Forms makes things easier for both end users and Admins alike, ensuring that only the most relevant information gets passed along. If you have any questions about creating or using Issue Forms, feel free to reach out to your Account Manager. We are always happy to help!
About Ashlyn Frassinelli
Issuetrak's Marketing Content WriterView All Articles
Topics from this blog: TraktipsBack