It’s time for another Traktip! Today we have some tips for you on the topic of password resets and security. Note to reader: these steps only work for Issuetrak authenticated accounts.
We at Issuetrak understand the importance of maintaining the highest level of security possible. We take our customers’ data security very seriously on our end, and we strive to ensure they have the right tools to manage site security on their end as well.
For password security, we provide a number of safeguards, including the ability to reset user passwords from an Administrator account. (Admins must validate their own passwords before performing password resets for other users.) Here’s how:
- Navigate to “Users” by clicking the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the user whose password you want to reset and select “Change Password” from the right menu.
- Then you can either update the user’s password directly or authorize a password change on their end.
Issuetrak also allows you to set password policies to increase security. From the “Password Policy” menu, you can manage settings including:
- Requiring a mixed case password
- Requiring letters and numbers in your password
- Requiring a certain password length
- Requiring new passwords not match a certain number of past passwords
- Locking a user out after a certain number of unsuccessful attempts
- Requiring that a user change their password after a certain number of days
Please note, when you change the interval of the number of days required before a user changes their password, the password expiration will only occur after a user has logged out of Issuetrak. If a user is logged in for several days, they will not be prompted to reset their password until their Issuetrak session ends.
For more password assistance and related tips, our Help Center has plenty of resources and walkthroughs. Our Professional Services Team can also assist you with any of your user management and security questions. We’re always happy to help!
About Ashlyn Frassinelli