It’s time for another traktip!
Issuetrak’s Report Writer gives you a remarkably detailed way to report on your data. You can use the Query Builder to pick and choose the fields and filters, then create a report with grouping to get counts, sums, or averages. You can even schedule those reports to be delivered automatically! Issuetrak also offers built-in Summary Reports that can be easily run, but those reports can’t be scheduled.
Did you know that you can quickly create your own summary reports? Those reports can be saved, easily run on demand, and even scheduled!
Quick View of Your Information
A summary report basically takes the headers of a standard report and gives you the counts, sums, or averages, but doesn’t include all the details of each issue. Here’s how a summary report of open issues by type might look:
In order to create your own summary reports, there are a couple of steps to include when walking through the Report Writer:
- Navigate to Home > Reports > Report Writer > Reports and click “New”.
- Select an already existing query from the dropdown, or click “Create Query” if no query already exists.
- All the fields from the query will populate into the Selected Fields column. Drag any fields not necessary over to the Available Fields column. Make sure to keep a field that appears in all your issues, such as Issue Number, or a time-based field if you want sums or averages. Then click “Next”.
- Select a field to group by. This is the value you want to appear in your summary and click “Next”.
- Uncheck the “Show Header” checkbox. It would create a double line in your report.
- The sorting step can be skipped, since you are only creating a summary. Click “Next”.
- Click the “Suppress Report Details” checkbox. This is what gives you only the footer line.
- In the Subtotal column, you’ll have your grouped by column grayed out. Select Count, Sum, or Average in one of the other fields. Which option you get is based on the type of field, so Issue Number gets a Count option, Time Open can get either a Sum or Average option. Then click “Next”.
- Give your report a name and title. If this is the first time saving your report, click “Save & Run” to view your report. If you’re editing an existing report, click “Finish”.
You’ll either be shown your report, or taken back to the list of reports. From there you can run your report, or you can go on to schedule your report by clicking on “Scheduled Reports” in the left menu.
As always, if you have any questions or would like to see this in action via a quick demo, don’t hesitate to contact your Account Manager. We’re happy to help!