It’s time for another traktip!
We’ve all been there. You get ready to log into a website, and your mind goes blank. You mentally run through your list of passwords, and the right one for this site isn’t forthcoming. You type in one but whoops, that wasn’t it! Try again. Nope, not that one either. Rather than lock yourself out of your account, you click the ever-present “Forgot Password” link.
In last month’s traktip, we mentioned that Issuetrak recently increased the security of passwords. That includes our optional self-service password reset feature.
If you’re using Active Directory (AD) authentications, you’ll need to reset passwords using those options, which will then pass the changed value to Issuetrak. For users not authenticated through AD, to change the password, the Self Service Password Reset feature must be enabled in the Password Policy section of your site's System Settings.
Once activated, any user with the permission “Can change their own password” and a valid email address in their user record should follow these steps:
- On the login screen, type in your user ID and click the “Forgot/Reset your password?” link. A message will display at the top of the page letting them know instructions have been emailed.
- Watch your email. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. That link is valid for one hour.
- Click the link in the email to be taken to your Issuetrak site.
- Input your new password (requirements display to the right for easy view).
- Type in your new password again for verification.
- Click “Reset password”.
You will be taken back to the login screen with a displayed message letting you know your password has been updated. You will need to input your User ID and new password to access to the site. A confirmation email will be sent letting you know your password was reset.
As always, if you have any questions or would like to see this in action via a quick demo, don’t hesitate to contact your Account Manager. We’re happy to help!