It’s time for another Traktip! Please note: as of Issuetrak version 15.7, Queries are no longer required to run reports. If you'd like to see this in action, contact our Technical Support team or your account manager for assistance.
Did you know that you have a feature within your Issuetrak site that allows you to close multiple issues at once?
Sometimes you have a situation where you need to close a large number of issues. Whether it’s a project coming to an end, or a backlog of issues that were never closed out, Issuetrak provides a way to quickly close those issues. The Mass Updates feature gives you that ability!
Closing Your Issues
Only users with the permission “Can access and maintain Administration functions” have the ability to use the Mass Updates feature.
Follow these steps to close your issues:
- Create a report in Report Writer that targets only those issues that you want to update. Note that the report must contain the "Issues" data set and include the "Issue Number" field.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right > click Mass Update Issues beneath Tools.
- Click the magnifying glass next to the report field, then choose the report you will use to select issues that will be affected.
- In the Field dropdown, select the field that you want to change.
- In the Value field, enter the value that you want the field to be set to for all affected issues.
- Click Preview.
- Verify that the preview results display the issues that you want to be changed.
- If you're sure that the information you've entered and see displayed is correct, click Update.
- A warning prompt will appear. If you're certain that you wish to proceed, click OK.
You will get a message that populates in place of the issue list that says “Records updated successfully.” Your issues have now been closed!
Mass Updates Aren’t Just for Closing Issues
The Mass Updates feature allows you to make other changes, besides closing issues. You can change the assignment, class, target date, or required by date values on issues as well! You would only need to select the different fields and appropriate values.
As always, if you have any questions or would like to see this in action via a quick demo, don’t hesitate to contact your Account Manager. We’re happy to help!!