Traktip: Survey Rules
It’s time for another Traktip!
The Issuetrak Surveys module enables you to easily generate online surveys, send them to a target audience, and collect and analyze your results. You can set up surveys that can be manually emailed, or included as a link on another webpage. Primarily, surveys are sent automatically when an issue is closed.
If you prefer a broad-stroke approach, a survey can be set up to send to any and all. But the power of the Survey module is the capability to create precise Survey Rules. These rules allow you to associate certain surveys with individual issue fields or statuses. Careful planning and setup ensures your surveys go where you decide, providing the targeted data you need.
For example, if your entire company uses Issuetrak to support your business operations, you might have IT, Facilities, HR, and Accounting all using the same site to track their processes and issues. When those issues are closed, you can automatically send one survey for IT issues, a second one for facilities issues, and a third for HR, while Accounting doesn’t survey their issues.
Instead of one generic survey for everyone, you’re not limited!
Setting it Up
Before you can create the Survey Rules, you must first create your survey. With the Surveys module activated, navigate from the settings lightbox by clicking the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of your screen. Select "Surveys" from the "Tools" portion of the menu. Then click “Work with Surveys." This takes you to the area to create your survey.
Once your survey is created and launched:
- Click the gear icon in the upper right > click on Surveys beneath Tools > the Survey Settings page will open.
- You should have at least one survey created before beginning this process.
- Click on add rule next to the survey(s) you wish to send automatically and select any criteria desired.
- Select Active.
- Specify criteria:
- A survey can be set for all issues that are closed,
- all issues of a specific Class, Issue Type, Substatus, or Organization.
- Choose the frequency Interval:
- 1 -- a survey invitation is sent out every time the Issue is closed.
- N -- a survey invitation is sent out every Nth issue is closed.
- 0 -- survey invitations are not automatically sent out.
- Click the Update button.
Repeat these steps for each survey that you’d like to create a rule for.
As always, if you have questions or would like to see this in action via a quick demo, don’t hesitate to contact your Account Manager. We’re happy to help!
Topics from this blog: TraktipsBack