Ready for Another Traktip?
This time, we’ll talk about using Scheduled Issues, previously known as Recurring Issues, to automatically submit issues on a schedule.
Reminders with Teeth
A Scheduled Issue opens routinely on predefined dates or a frequency schedule. It’s like putting a reminder on your calendar, but instead of just an easy popup you can dismiss, you now have an issue helping you keep track of your repeating items. We refer to them as “reminders with teeth.”
A simple example would be updating the holidays for the next year in Issuetrak. Dates need to be added each year in the Hours of Operation section. You could create aScheduled Issue to update the holidays with instructions on navigating to that section, set it up to fire off once a year in December, and assign the issue to yourself.
The result? Every December, you get an email reminding you to go to your Hours of Operation and update the days you’re closed for the upcoming year. Your issues continue to calculate time accurately and your escalation rules run properly.
Real Life Applications
Not sure how you can apply Scheduled Issues? Here are several examples we often see:
- Equipment maintenance renewals
- Disaster recovery updates
- Server maintenance
- Review security logs
- Service contract renewal windows
- Customer check-in reminders
- Procedure reviews
- Management meeting log entry
- HVAC maintenance
- Employee re-certifications
- AV equipment checks
- Job reminders (anything you have to have a reminder to do)
- Tax and regulatory filings
- Fleet management
- Preventative maintenance
- Inventory checks
Setting up Scheduled Issues
To set up a Scheduled Issue:
- Click the gear in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to access the Settings Lightbox and select Scheduled Issues from the "Issues" portion of the menu (if you’ve changed the label it will use your terminology, e.g. Recurring Tickets, Recurring Requests)
- Click add
- Give it a name
- Set how often you want it to submit
- Fill out the issue details
- Click save
Accountability for Routine Tasks
You can set up as many Scheduled Issues as you need. You can even create them from existing issues. You can also create a one-time recurrence for those items that only happen once, but perhaps for a date in the future.
With Issuetrak Scheduled Issues, you can make sure that your routine items never get dropped. It also gives you reporting accountability on items that happen repeatedly.
As always, if you have any questions or would like to see this in action via a quick demo, one of our amazing support staff members are happy to help!