Time for Another Traktip! Have an Issuetrak Report or Query you and your team use all the time? Add a sidebar web link for fast and easy access!
Combining Issuetrak’s powerful reporting capabilities with customizable menu options allows you to streamline your workflow the way you like it. Just follow these easy steps:
- Log in as a System Administrator and click on the gear icon to access your System Settings.
- Click on Menu Options on the left sidebar menu.
- Click Add to create a new left sidebar menu link.
- Menu Label will appear on the left sidebar menu of your Issuetrak site. Type in the name of the report or query, for example, “Issues Last Week.”
- Menu URL is the web address. Not sure what the URL is for your report or query? No problem. Run the report/query and copy/paste the URL in the address line of your browser.
- Display order is optional – if you have multiple links, this specifies what order they appear in. Check “Active” if not already checked, and hit Save. Worried about viewing permissions? No problem. Your reports and queries will only show the information the logged in user has rights to see.
On your home page, you’ll now see a link to your Report or Query in the left sidebar menu near the bottom. When you click this link, a new tab will open in your browser and launch the report.
Just like with Reports and Queries, you can add your favorite web links to the left sidebar menu in Issuetrak for easy access!
For example, you could add a link for MapQuest to help you locate your customers before assigning a service tech to their request. Complete the steps above and, on Step 5, in place of the URL for your Issuetrak Report or Query, add your desired URL. In our example, it would be www.mapquest.com.
Issuetrak really is YOUR complete software solution.
As always, if you have any questions or would like to see this in action via a quick demo, I’m happy to help!